Monday, March 21, 2011

Health and Fitness

For those of you who personally know me, know that I lost 30lbs. from Sept.-Dec. of 2010 and I always get the question of how did you do it.  Well It wasn't that hard, it just took a lot of dedication and determination.  I made it a point to work out at least 3 days a week for at least 45 minutes each time.  After doing research on working out I found out that your body does not actually start burning fat calories until 15 minutes into the workout, so doing 45 minute workouts will give you a full 30 minutes of fat burning.  My workouts would consists of a variety of things such as P90x, Taebo, Jillian Michael's, Wii, treadmill, elliptical, bicycle, stair stepper and if it was nice outside I would walk the neighborhood.  It just all depended on how I felt or what I wanted to target that day.  I also purchased a sweat band to go around my stomach while working out to help me sweat more in that area since that is a problem area.  And since I am not a big breakfast person I decided drinking GNC Total Lean, Lean Shakes GNC Total Lean™ Lean Shake&#153 - GNC - GNCwould work as my substitute meal replacements and I would drink 8oz along with a fruit, mostly bananas every morning.  For lunch I would eat whatever I wanted but just a small portion and with all the running around I do at work by the time I would get home I would be hungry but Special K bars along with Special K cereal became my friend as well as Vanilla Soy milk because I didn't want to work out on an empty stomach.  The biggest thing was drinking water all day, everyday flushing myself.  Throughout the day snacks for me consisted of nuts such as unsalted peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, and jello or yogurt.  One thing to remember is that deciding to become healthy and lose weight or just get in shape is a lifestyle not just something you do one time and think it will suffice.  You have to constantly work at it and be conscious of what you are eating and doing because once you get relaxed, you will notice some weight gain.  So be diligent in reaching your goals and don't get discouraged because the end result is well worth the hard work and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment